Aug 15, 2007

Coulter Quote of the Week: If she’s a Christian then I’m a conservative Republican


I got some new Coulter quotes this week, but you will never guess where I got them: on a Christian radio show. I kid you not.

This proves the queen of hate will go anywhere, appear with anyone to sell her trashy books to make a buck. I got an email prompt that she had appeared on this Christian radio show called “The Way of the Master Radio.” I don’t know much about it, but the guy who played the annoying teen on the 80’s sitcom “Growing Pains” is behind it. Coulter was there pushing the paperback version of her last book, and she claimed she was a Christian. I almost fell out of my chair.

Her behavior is nothing like I remember from the many years I went to Sunday school. From the time I was three-years-old in Mrs. Agnes Massengail’s Sunday School class to the time I left home and joined the Navy I went to Sunday School and church at the Monroe Church of God because my grandmother made sure of that, but I never remember any Bible stories that condoned the crap coming out of Coulter’s mouth.

She not only claimed she was a Christian, but she claimed she was a born-again Christian. The host, who sounded like the classic DJ that I grew up listening to on CKLW that has almost become a parody, asked her when she was born again. She, of course, could not remember when, but she guessed it may have been when the “adulterer and liar was in the White House.” I’m assuming she was referring to President Clinton, based on her pure hatred of one of the best presidents in history. More likely it was when she realized she could make some more bucks by adapting to the audience she was appearing before.

There are only six more quotes of the week left before the queen of hate collects her $30,000 – how many pieces of silver is that? – and speaks for 90 minutes at Cleary University’s Economic Club Speakers Luncheon Series and further tarnishes Livingston County’s reputation and labels us as a community that welcomes racists of all ilks. But here are a few whoppers from the show”

“I’m quite sure I could not do what I do for a living and not be a Christian.” The Way of the Master Radio, 8/6/07.

“They (liberals) really are like some primitive religion. Someday we will look back at this global warning nonsense, and they will think those people were mad.” The Way of the Master Radio, 8/6/07.


If Ann Coulter is a Christian I’m a conservative Republican.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Coulter can't remember when she became a born again Christian? That's not believable. I know many people who consider themselves born again and every single one of them can tell me the day and hour it happened.

I'm not a member of an evangelical church (I'm Lutheran), but I can also tell you about the times I experienced meaningful religious experiences.

Profound religious experiences are not something a person soon forgets. Coulter doesn't remember because it didn't happen. If it did, she'd want to tell as many people as possible.

Communications guru said...

I agree. The sad part is the host of the show let her get away with it when it was obvious she was making it up as she went along. I guess she’s a limousine Christian.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me, CG? Are you from Monroe? Agnes Massengil was my great aunt!! Married to 'Whitey'.

How about the name, Freddy Cornelius?

Communications guru said...

Heck ya I’m from Monroe. Why do you think I’m such a strong Democrat and union supporter? I stated going to the church when it was still on Fourth Street. I don’t really remember the name Freddy Cornelius, but I’m sure we know lots of the same people. Sam Cadle was my great uncle and my grandmother’s brother. You should email me.

Anonymous said...

I went to Fourth Street as a kid, too!

What's you email address?

I live in Brighton.

Communications guru said...

Wow, small world. My email address is kjbas@yahoo.com.

Christian Prophet said...

Ann Coulter is becoming trapped in her own self-importance ... which happens to a lot of us.

Here is an excellent article on Christians voting:
http://miraclesdaily.blogspot.com/

Communications guru said...

I disagree. I think it’s more of a case of Coulter saying anything to sell books. I know there is an intolerant fringe of Christianity, but she is far beyond that fringe.